"So throw away those Lamentations,
We both know them all too well.
If there's a Book of Jubilations,
We'll have to write it for ourselves.."

-Josh Ritter




Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ah, the days of yore

So, Nora's been sick with fevers for the last few days. Eric and I went out of town for the first time ever without her this last weekend. That, of course caused the compost to hit the ventilator as we used to say in my Poultry Science days (If you don't know, don't ask...). We had a delightful weekend and came home to a vomiting, lethargic child and a babystter who was crying and may or may not ever return our calls again.

And so it has gone for the last three days, so when Nora actually decided to eat, who was I to argue? Yeah, I'm rationalizing, but I have to do it to avoid feeling like a terrible parent for allowing this to happen:

That is, in fact, hummus. And she is, in fact eating it out of the container with her fingers. I'm totally going to have to throw that pillow away, too.

Let's reminisce, shall we? I long for the days when my daughter enjoyed being upright and talking- sometimes at the same time! Please note the distinct lack of tears (mine or Nora's) in this video. I miss that.

No comments: