"So throw away those Lamentations,
We both know them all too well.
If there's a Book of Jubilations,
We'll have to write it for ourselves.."

-Josh Ritter




Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Halloween! Yar!

Ahoy!

Anyone who has spent time with me or my brother (or God helps you, us together) had to know that this costume was inevitable. I just had to do it when my child, now renamed the Bonny Cap'n Morgan, was too young to fight back. In my defense, she loves the hat.

'Tis better to not ask about the antacids. Just a warning. Avast! On to the lame pirate jokes, me hearties.

Yar! If anyone comes in the front door, they'll be checkin' out me booty!

Did that grog give anyone else hearrrrrrrtburn? (or GERRRRRRD?) Back to the galley, Mom- you scurvy bilge rat!


This be me first mate, Argyles McScruffybeard. His arch-nemesis, Moby Decter, once caught him sleeping and he now has the scars to prove it. Yarrrrrr...ouch.

3 comments:

MJT said...

I am laughing out loud! That is too cute for words! Hope I can heist these pics off here to print!

Jim J. said...

As the aforementioned brotharrrrr, all I can say is Bonnie Cap'n Morgan gets my vote for cutest costume evarrrrr!! SO AWESOME! Thanks, Happy Halloween, and yo ho ho to Argyles, Moby, and evarrrryone else!

jenni said...

I didn't realize Nora could be even more awesome! Lilly was sick yesterday and missed seeing Nora dressed up. Every morning, Lilly arrives during breakfast. Nora is sitting with monkey enjoying the meal humming to herself. Then she sees Lilly! She is up, screaming HIII, and running to see her friend who is hiding in my arms. Every morning! Always excited! Colleen said she pictured the girls giggling at their lockers in high school. so sad this can't be true =(