"So throw away those Lamentations,
We both know them all too well.
If there's a Book of Jubilations,
We'll have to write it for ourselves.."

-Josh Ritter




Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Behold, Spring!

I made the long trek out to my garden yesterday afternoon. It was a beautiful day and I just had to see how the plants were growing. As I pulled up the weeds that were most threatening to my young plants, Nora decided to join me in her diapered toddler glory.

Some may say that toddlers and vegetable gardens don't mix. I disagree. Every spring onion that was trampled became a tasty treat- right out of the ground! And some of my spinach may have been beheaded in the name of snackdom as well.
Nora went to bed last night talking about "minich" and "munyuns" and informed me quite seriously that the beans are not delicious yet. They will be, kid. They will be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so admirable that you don´t put up photos with her private parts as so many other parents do. This photo is adorable and very philosophical. Great shot!