"So throw away those Lamentations,
We both know them all too well.
If there's a Book of Jubilations,
We'll have to write it for ourselves.."

-Josh Ritter




Monday, December 14, 2009

Is it Christmas today?

That is the question that wakes me up every morning these days. Nora is super-excited about this whole Christmas thing, And why not? I'm more in the Christmas spirit than I've been for many years.
The lights! The snow! the tree! Company! Egg nog! Baking cookies!
It is pretty wonderful.
I think what has Nora so excited is the large red box next to the Christmas tree. It contains (shhhh- don't tell her!) a wooden play kitchen made by her Grandpa Dan. I don't think I've ever been so excited about a gift that I was neither giving nor receiving. I just can't wait to see her face when she opens it!
I hope it looks something like this:



4 comments:

Tammy said...

so cute! Bella asks me every morning "am I seeing Nora today? is it Friday yet?" She can't WAIT to see you all this weekend - me too!!

Kristin said...

What a cute picture! I hope her face looks just like that! Don't let her go outside though, it night freeze that way

MJT said...

I can only imagine how exciting things are at your house this season! Love the picture and the blog info!!

jenni said...

wow, she is looking so OLD. her face is longer. that is amazing her apron matches her cookies.