"So throw away those Lamentations,
We both know them all too well.
If there's a Book of Jubilations,
We'll have to write it for ourselves.."

-Josh Ritter




Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This is why we teach them to talk.

This is the conversation that transpired while we were washing dishes tonight.

Nora: What are those?

Mommy: Those are hemostats. They're Daddy's. Don't touch them.

Nora: Those are Daddy's peni-sacks?

Mommy: Hemostats.

Nora: Peni-sacks.

Mommy: Hemostats.

Nora: Peni-sacks?

Mommy: Hemostats.

Nora: Peni-stacks? Are they scissors?

Mommy: Yes. Yes, they are scissors.

5 comments:

The JM Family said...

He he he! Got a good laugh out of that one! You're the one with the urologist husband...I guess it's bound to be normal dish-washing conversation! :)

Anonymous said...

BWAH!

You know, she's probably sure she was saying hemostats. Kind of like I was always sure I was saying barefoot, not bullshit...to the great amusement of my entire family.

MJT said...

Out of the mouths of babes!

Tam said...

Awesome! I love that you now know when to just give in and go with it.

Gregg said...

Kat,
soooo...I have some questions for you regarding residency, the match, personal statements and the such. I was wondering if I could have you email and pick your brain? my email is greggmccord@gmail.com

We miss you guys!

Gregg