"So throw away those Lamentations,
We both know them all too well.
If there's a Book of Jubilations,
We'll have to write it for ourselves.."

-Josh Ritter




Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Edge of the World

I went to the Boundary Waters recently with a group of women. It was the first time I have ever vacationed without both my husband and child since they came into my life.

It. Was. Awesome.

It was so awesome, in fact, that I had time to take some pictures of things other than [cough] my husband and child. Looking those pictures over made me rethink my previous assertions that we don't in fact live on the verge of the tundra.

Exhibit A: A Plethora of Lichens

Exhibit B: Sunset through the Mossy Trees (at 10:00 pm)

Exhibit C: Moose Skull
Shall I go on?

OK, so maybe it is Canada's distal phalanx. But it's magical. And then, there is always this.
Go ahead. You know you want to click on it. (Thanks, Cindy!)


1 comment:

MJT said...

Hey....this is just a teaser. We want more photos!

AND we want family photos too!

Seriously, looks and sounds fantastic!