"So throw away those Lamentations,
We both know them all too well.
If there's a Book of Jubilations,
We'll have to write it for ourselves.."

-Josh Ritter




Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Nice to Meet You...Um, Do You Shake Hands?

Nora woke me up at 7:00 today, fully dressed and raring to go. This left us with two hours before she needed to be at preschool, so we have been playing. First, we learned about mail. I have been writing thank you notes for baby gifts, so she helped me put on return address labels and stamps and to lick envelopes. This lead inevitably to her wanting to write a letter of her own. I swear, I encouraged her to write to someone far away. I did. Instead, she chose to draw an elaborate picture of our neighbors with a chipmunk, peanuts and polka dots. And to mail it to them.
She's tickled and is now planning her future correspondence.

Then, we watered plants. Nora was asking the names of the plants and I told her that this is a jade plant:

Now, we know a young lady named Jade. Which goes quite a long way to explaining how these next two plants ended up named.

I would like to introduce you to....
Cindy the aloe
Aaaaaand Carl the Rubber tree.

This is why we have kids.

3 comments:

Nana MJ said...

THIS is hysterical!

Please have her send her Nana MJ ( faraway) a letter.....

Elaine said...

You are such an awesome mom! Who would have thought it back in the CU days.

Tam said...

I love that kid. I so, so hope you can find time to blog after you go back to work because these entries totally make my day. I showed everyone here the pictures of Ellie with her cute hipster hair. And Carl should be flattered he's got a plant named after him!!