"So throw away those Lamentations,
We both know them all too well.
If there's a Book of Jubilations,
We'll have to write it for ourselves.."

-Josh Ritter




Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Shamed into Communication

It's true.
I've finally been bludgeoned into creating a weblog, or "blog" as the kids call it these days.
After the fifteenth friend mentioned in passing that they only have the blog so that their out-of-town friends and families can keep up with their lives and children, I started to feel this uncomfortable feeling that I can only describe as crushing guilt.
So, "Hello Starling" was born. Why "Hello Starling"? Katanderic, noralee, lauerfamily and goddamnhippy.blogspot.com were all taken.
Seriously.
Also, it's the title of a Josh Ritter album and is a line from the song "Snow is Gone." Check it out here: http://www.joshritter.com/album_starling.shtml
We sang this album to Nora in it's entirety many nights when she was a newborn and still use it as a soporific frequently.
Now that the blog is created, I promise to post exactly often enough to keep the demons of guilt at bay.

1 comment:

MJT said...

Looks like I will be the first to comment on THE BLOG. Guess you will drag me into using the more uptodate communications of our time.

Truly, I think this is a terrific idea!

Will make this my home page, as soon as I re-figure out how to do that.

with anticipation of lots of news and cute pictures, Nana MJ