"So throw away those Lamentations,
We both know them all too well.
If there's a Book of Jubilations,
We'll have to write it for ourselves.."

-Josh Ritter




Sunday, January 11, 2009

open? OOOOpen? OPEN!

Ever since Christmas time, Nora has developed a peculiar obsession with opening things. It can be anything: a box of wipes, a grocery bag, a new pair of tights. The joy is in the opening. I guess that was to be expected. The part that I didn't expect is that she's getting good at it.

Kat had to work this weekend, so Nora and I had some time to hang out. In the last few hours, I've seen her figure out how to open the following two items, which she then ate:
Here she is enjoying the fruits of her labor:
And going back for more:

I know I'm probably being ridiculous, but this is another one of those bittersweet things where it makes me a little sad to see how fast she's growing up, but it also makes me really proud of her too. In any case, it's a fun little phase. Turns out there's a lot of things that need to be opened, so it's really not hard to keep her entertained.

It was a good, quiet weekend, and it left me with plenty of happy little memories to smile about as another crazy week begins.

2 comments:

jenni said...

I think Nora has been tutoring Lilly. Lilly came into the kitchen and said "night, night" and went to her room. Lilly likes to take mandarins and throw them like a ball, smashing them, so I am glad Nora is useful. Who is working next weekend? Can we get together or the weekend after? I guess I should have emailed...

Jim J. said...

CLEMENTINES ROCK!

On Friday I sent Nora something else she can open. Let me know if it arrives intact, please!