"So throw away those Lamentations,
We both know them all too well.
If there's a Book of Jubilations,
We'll have to write it for ourselves.."

-Josh Ritter




Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's all over now.

For posterity, I want to record this conversation from dinner tonight.

Eric: We have a problem. I can'y find K-A-T-I-E-A-N-D-T-H-E-B-I-G-S-N-O-W.
Nora: Yeah, I don't know where it is either.
Me: Don't know where what is, Nora?
Nora: Ummmm...one of my books.
Me: Which one?
Nora: Ummmmmm....Katie and the Big Snow.
Me and Eric (in unison): Shit.
Nora: [hysterical laughter]

2 comments:

Dan and Mary Jo said...

Did you hide that winter book in April...so well that even you can't find it?
I remember when we realized that you were totally tuned in to us. It certainly was an "oh Shit" moment. But mostly we knew you were growing up.
Nana MJ

Tam said...

Fan-freaking-tastic. Welcome to my world now!!! Pretty soon we'll have to converse in a series of clicks and throat noises.