"So throw away those Lamentations,
We both know them all too well.
If there's a Book of Jubilations,
We'll have to write it for ourselves.."

-Josh Ritter




Monday, June 23, 2008

End of Vacation

As vacation winds down, here are some super-cute pictures of my super-cute daughter. She's really big into hats and sharing right now. Adorable. She's also really into the word "Nnnnnooooooo." Not so adorable.




Although, this whole communication thing rocks. Yesterday I asked Nora if she would like more to drink and she said, predictably, "Nnnnnnnoooooooooo."

Exasperated, I said, "Do you even know what we're talking about?"

She looked up at me with her sunniest smile and nodded her head.

Then, my heart melted into a big messy puddle.

And you know, I think she does understand. She's using more and more words/phrases apprpriately. She likes "my turn," particularly. And you can ask her just about any yes/no question you want.
Of course, as she figures out that she can ask for stuff, she's also getting frustrated when she doesn't get what she wants. We've had many conversations about that. And many time-outs, too.
Such is life with a toddler. I just didn't think that it would happen this fast....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Sweet.