"So throw away those Lamentations,
We both know them all too well.
If there's a Book of Jubilations,
We'll have to write it for ourselves.."

-Josh Ritter




Wednesday, June 25, 2008

No pictures, but....

OK, so the camera has not been out this week. Sorry about that. I haven't found a way to take pictures of us while on our bike. At least not safely. I do have to share some adorableness, though. Nora's coming out with new words right and left.

Last night in the tub, she was crying and pointing at the counter. I was babbling on about how yes, we sometimes put Monkey on the counter while she takes a bath, but he's not there now, and don't you remember what happened the last time Monkey took a bath... She just looked at me like I'm the biggest idiot around, sighed deeply and made the sign for "brushing teeth." Oh. Right. So I gave her her toothbrush and she was happy as a clam.

This morning, I asked her if she wanted more cereal, so she made the sign for "more." I said, "More, please?" as I went to get it and I heard behind me, "Mo peeeeeeeeeez." Fantastic. Much better than the other night when she dropped something and very emphatically said, "SIT!" I pretended I didn't hear that one.

This evening, it was "Meeeewwwwkk," accompanied by the sign for milk- just in case I'm enough of a dunderhead to not get that one. Entirely possible, given my track record. you can't blame the kid for not taking any chances when milk is involved.

So, Nora Lee speaks English. Look out, world!

No comments: