"So throw away those Lamentations,
We both know them all too well.
If there's a Book of Jubilations,
We'll have to write it for ourselves.."

-Josh Ritter




Thursday, March 19, 2009

Kat's surgery

So, this is it.
It's down to the wire. Yesterday was my last day of work. Today, I go in for my pre-operative physical, x-rays and blood work. Then, tomorrow I show up at the hospital to voluntarily have my pelvis broken.
Seems like a bad idea, right? Be that as it may, it's kinda late to back out now. I've already given them 2 units of my blood.
I anticipate a lot of whining (you know, from me) and I'd really like to keep this blog positive and focused on our family life. So, if you would like to know where things stand with the surgery and recovery, or if you just enjoy my navel-gazing, head on over to mdconfessional.blogspot.com.

3 comments:

jenni said...

Please let us know what ever we can do when you need it...we will be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Sending good thoughts from here in Bedrock. Tell your healthcare team to make sure you will be able to roller skate at some point in the future; we have to indoctrinate Nora into the California Raisin Dance, you know!

Big hugs from me, and snuggles from the P-Doggies

Gregg said...

Kat...

You are incredibly brave and officially one of my favorite writers. I hope the surgery goes off without a hitch. We will be here for you guys.

Gregg