"So throw away those Lamentations,
We both know them all too well.
If there's a Book of Jubilations,
We'll have to write it for ourselves.."

-Josh Ritter




Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sick puppy

Nora has been as sick as a puppy with parvo the last three days. She's spiking fevers, puking, having diarrhea and complaining of her tummy hurting. Here, I didn't even know she had that vocabulary.

Through it all, she has been a champ. She is a sweet, sweet kid underneath all the toddlerhood and I never love her more than when she is retching on me. Weird, but true. There's something about a cuddly, sweet, sick kid who has no energy for boundry testing or independence fostering that makes that bond grow just a little stronger.

I'm so proud of how cheerful she's been and how easily she's adapted to my limitations. I never would have fathomed that she could possibly carry that over when we both are feeling bad. But she has. And it might just be evolution making sure that she doesn't end up in a dumpster, but I like to think that Nora is just turning out to be a really cool person.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Poor baby- I hope she feels better soon. She is quite the little trooper.

Aunt Elena said...

Yes, a really cool person, just like her Mommy!
I hope she's better soon! love & kisses to you both!

Tam said...

poor girl. hope you're both feeling better.